Re: 22.1.92; Tutorial: references to non-existing info nodes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 22.1.92; Tutorial: references to non-existing info nodes
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:03:15 -0400

    > I don't think so.  It looks like he has encountered the fact that C-s
    > and C-q _typed by the user_ operate as commands that turn output off
    > and on.

    This is the same XON/XOFF (software) flow control, whether typed by the
    user or generated by a terminal is not relevant.

That is absolutely relevant.  If they were generated by the user, the
solution is "turn off that terminal feature".  If they were generated
by the terminal for flow control purposes, more change is needed (increased
padding so there will be no flow control).

    > The solution is simply to turn off their effect (and I think
    > Emacs does that in sysdep.c, so why isn't it working?).

    The OP in the cited thread had that explicitly enabled due to a
    misunderstanding.

In that case, we know the solution.