Re: Word search

From: René Kyllingstad
Subject: Re: Word search
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:55:09 +0100

* Richard Stallman:
>      But I doubt that many people use it because for many years of
>      existence of word search, very few people tried to find a way to
>      enable incremental word search (according to mailing list archives)
>      until recently.
>
>  Maybe you're right.  But let's ask them.

I never realized it was there.  I remember trying C-y hoping for that, but
it inserts to the end of the line, something I never need.

I would prefer to have bindings similar to normal editing: C-y to yank, but
use M-y to insert the word at point, unless the previous command was yank.
Makes it easier to remember.

-- René