Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:55:51 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> My first impression is that bzr is slow, so slow that it is completely
> unusable.  How can it come that a simple bzr log takes more than a
> minute to even start?  Even cvs log is instantaneous in comparison,
> although it has to request the log from the server.

I find this surprising: "git log" is pretty much instantaneous, and git
recalculates a code piece's history in the process (renaming and copying
is not tracked by git, but calculated on the fly when you ask for log
output).  In contrast, one has to tell Bazaar IIRC when one copies or
moves or renames files, so it should have the information available
right away.

--
David Kastrup