Re: Usability suggestion : completion for M-:

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Usability suggestion : completion for M-:
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:45:21 +0100

paul r wrote:
FWIW, I prefer that it reflect the Emacs-Lisp bindings.

 If M-TAB (or ESC TAB) is good enough for emacs-lisp-mode, it's good enough
 for `M-:' too.

fair enought, I think M-Tab can be kept as an alternative keystroke.
But the point that nowaday, most of windows manager intercept M-Tab
for switching windows should maybe push us to provide alternative to
M-TAB where possible and intuitive.

To be more precise they intercept Alt-Tab and Emacs META is often bound to Alt.