Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:56:35 +0900

David Kastrup writes:

 > How do you expect us to come up with an incompatible implementation
 > without volunteering more details?

Well, the only detail I know off hand is that the variable controlling
the behavior is `shifted-motion-keys-select-region' and that it
defaults to t.

My only point here was to admit that 3rd party developers should not
hope that XEmacs's decade-old working implementation will soon be made
conformable to GNU's not-yet-decided one.

I see no point in going into detail, especially as that would cost me
some hours studying code I have never touched.