Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: Jason Earl
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:35:02 -0600

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> After a few false starts I have been successful (at least as far as I
>> can tell) in importing the Emacs CVS repository into Bazaar.  If anyone
>> is interested in playing with the results you can check out the HEAD of
>> the CVS repository with:
>
>> bzr clone http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs/trunk/
>
> Other than issues of performance, one of the missing elements in this
> repository is all the merge information.

Yeah, I didn't notice that until people started talking about bzr log
and I realized that it wasn't showing the merge information.

> Most of the merges we've done have been done via Arch.  IIUC people
> have been able to retrofit this info into the Git tree, and I think
> it'd be very worthwhile to retrofit it into the Bzr tree.

If someone knows how the folks that made the git repository did this
maybe I could work something out.  Or possibly I could take another
whack at creating a bzr repository from the git repository instead of
from CVS.

Alternatively, I could experiment with creating a bzr repository from
arch.  Where are those branches located?

> How can we add the merge info into the above Bzr tree?

I've certainly got some things I can try.

Jason