Re: 23.0.60; bootstrap broken by removal of cal-loaddefs.el

From: Claus
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; bootstrap broken by removal of cal-loaddefs.el
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:10:25 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Andrew W. Nosenko" wrote:
>
>  > Try to regenerate lisp/Makefile (just by calling 'configure' or by
>  > moving old lisp/Makefile awaiy followed by 'configure' call).
>
>  Is there still a problem after `make maintainer-clean'?

There ain't no 'maintainer-clean' for me (MingGW Env. on Windows Vista):

address@hidden nt% make <TAB>
make target
addpm                 bootstrap-clean        clean-other-dirs-gmake
 ddeclient   install                   preprep          stamp_BLD
addsection            bootstrap-clean-gmake  clean-other-dirs-nmake
 doit        install-other-dirs-gmake  realclean        which-sh
all                   bootstrap-clean-nmake  cleanall
 force-info  install-other-dirs-nmake  recompile
all-other-dirs-gmake  bootstrap-gmake        cleanall-other-dirs-gmake
 info        maybe-bootstrap           recompile-gmake
all-other-dirs-nmake  bootstrap-nmake        cleanall-other-dirs-nmake
 info-gmake  maybe-bootstrap-CMD       recompile-nmake
bootstrap             clean                  cmdproxy
 info-nmake  maybe-bootstrap-SH        runemacs

I had the same problem as Andrew and Tim. Only manually deleting most
"untracked" CVS/GIT files (makefiles, generated lisp/**/*.el files,
etc.) solved the problem.

Claus