Re: incomplete comment colorization in terminals

From: Rob Riepel
Subject: Re: incomplete comment colorization in terminals
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:50:18 -0700

On Mar 12, 2008, at 6:57 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

The NEWS entry for f in Emacs-22 is insufficient I believe. It should explain the effect of the introduction of this new face and should point to xterm-256color as well as other methods to recover the previous behavior.

The new entry looks great. You may want to mention font-lock-comment- delimiter-face in the font-lock-mode documentation. Right now it says:

| When Font Lock mode is enabled, text is fontified as you type it:
|
|  - Comments are displayed in `font-lock-comment-face';
|  - Strings are displayed in `font-lock-string-face';

Which could be slightly confusing to those who don't know that the delimiter is not part of the comment (at least as far as fontification is concerned).

--
Rob Riepel
(650) 725-7577