Re: 23.0.60; Desktop encounters end of file during parsing

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Desktop encounters end of file during parsing
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 10:57:05 +0100

Am 14.03.2008 um 18:10 schrieb Stefan Monnier:

With desktop and session I save the contents of GNU Emacs frames. Since some
time desktop complains:

        Desktop: Can't load buffer Versuch.tex: End of file during parsing:
/Users/pete/.emacs.d/PDesktop-23/emacs.desktop [3 times]

Please try to reproduce the bug with debug-on-error set so as to get
a backtrace.

I have this variable set. Always. Even twice: in the free section and in the customisation corner of ~/.emacs. For a test I commented both and put --debug-init on the command line. I still don't get a *Backtrace* buffer. The new message is now:

File local-variables error: (end-of-file "/Users/pete/.emacs.d/ PDesktop-23/emacs.desktop")

Be careful to update to the latest version first, otherwise the error
will be caught and we won't get a backtrace.

I have an elder version 23.0.60 saved. It shows exactly the same message.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Bake pizza not war!