Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:36:35 +0530

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > From: Jonathan Rockway <address@hidden>
>  > Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:43:05 -0500
>  >
>  > Windows is lacking in a lot of other features too.
>
>  Actually, it doesn't, it just does it differently.  For example, the
>  shell in the latest versions is quite powerful, but of course is not
>  compatible with Posix shells.

I resisted from responding. Having worked on UNIX (and various
flavors), M$ and OpenVMS too, I must say each operating system has a
different way of doing things. Just because they are not POSIX
compliant does not mean it is bad or unusable. The M$ bashing is a bit
old fashioned these days and it makes sense to develop applications
that can be used on multiple platforms as the user base is quite
evenly distributed.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!