Dired permission warning and marking such files

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Dired permission warning and marking such files
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:51:31 +0100

I have been following the recent discussion about the warning that
Dired emits in the form of a font locked "w". I don't care much about
the face really but something that struck me was that there doesn't
seem to be any easy way to fix the "problem" that Dired warns about. I
had to record a keyboard macro, searching for the specific pattern and
marking those lines, and then I had to run this macro until all
"warned" lines was marked. Then I could use M-! and do a `chmod' to
fix the permissions.

I would have expected to find some command to mark files with certain
permissions under the Mark menu.

What do others think?

/Mathias