(interactive "...") : What goes in, what does not ?

From: paul r
Subject: (interactive "...") : What goes in, what does not ?
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:50:47 +0100

Dear list,

I was wondering recently why (interactive) does not provide a code
letter for "yes-or-no-p".
That lead me to this question : Is there a reason why some input
reading methods have a code letter for interactive and some not ?
By "input reading methods", I mean most of functions begining with
read- , plus yes-or-no-p, plus any I could miss here, provided they
could fit in this role.
Regards

Paul