RE: Usability suggestion : completion for M-:

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Usability suggestion : completion for M-:
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 09:50:59 -0700

> > I haven't heard people complain about TAB's (or M-TAB's)
> > binding in Emacs-Lisp mode. Is that perhaps the real issue
> > lurking under the surface here?
>
> I have complained a lot of times about the use of M-TAB in
> Emacs as long as META is actually Alt (which it is by default
> on for example w32). I am sure you have noticed that, or?

No, I didn't notice your complaints about M-TAB; sorry. But I see them now,
as well as your complaint about ESC TAB.

Do you also have a problem using C-M-i?

At any rate, if you want to discuss this for Lisp mode in general, why not
start a separate thread - it has nothing to do with M-: in particular.