Re: 23.0.60; Ediff's Apply Patch To A File fails

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Ediff's Apply Patch To A File fails
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 00:14:40 +0100

Am 16.03.2008 um 21:20 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

Please characterize the failure.

When trying to patch the file on disk, only a .rej file was created.
When trying to patch the same file opened in a buffer, it worked, the
complete patch was applied.

Could be an EOL problem, or some other whitespace-related snafu?

The patch files are undecided unix, the ELisp file to patch is incorrectly set up:

        ;;; tramp.el --- Transparent Remote Access, Multiple Protocol
        ;;; -*- mode: Emacs-Lisp; coding: utf-8; -*-

So it's ISO Latin-1: iso-latin-1-unix. (I'll write another bug report on this.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
                                - Jeremy S. Anderson