Re: patch to hilight-chg not in emacs 22.1

From: Richard Sharman
Subject: Re: patch to hilight-chg not in emacs 22.1
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:11:37 -0400

Hi Stefan.

So, I have simplified the change to hilit-chg.el and have removed the part that required the change to easy-mmode. (I think what I was previously
doing was overkill anyway.)

Thank you, this looks good.  I'd only advise you to rename
highlight-changes-toggle-visibility to highlight-changes-visible-mode
and define it (yet again) with define-minor-mode.

So, if I understand it, you are suggesting having two minor modes: highlight-changes-mode and highlight-changes-visible-mode? Isn't that going to be a bit confusing??

If highlight-changes-mode were on then the meaning of the new mode is straight forward, but if it were off should it just toggle the flag and otherwise have no effect? So it affects highlight changes mode either immediately if that mode is on otherwise the next time it is turned on? I can try and it see what it's like.

Do other people think that's the way to go?

Richard