Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:02:32 +0100

Teemu Likonen <address@hidden> writes:

> I just measured with 'time' command how long it takes to run certain
> commands.

Interesting benchmark, but what's missing is whether this is with hot
or cold cache. For example:

> $ time bzr log >/dev/null
> real    3m15.708s

I get a bit less than a minute here, and I don't think my machine is
4x faster than yours, so this was probably with cold cache.

An interesting measure is "best of 3" (run it 3 times, and take the
smallest).

--
Matthieu