Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:50:11 -0400

>> All of the DVCSs seem good.  No one marshalled any compelling arguments
>> in favor of one versus the other on technical grounds, and all other
>> things being equal, RMS (and maybe some others, perhaps including Yidong
>> and Stefan?) preferred bzr because it is a GNU project.

> In its current form bzr is not usable for a project of the size of Emacs.

I'm currently using Bzr to maintain my private hacking branch (used to
use Arch until now for that).  I use it with Jason's Bzr mirror of the
CVS repository.

The performance is indeed problematic on several operations.
Also the Bzr mirror has some shortcomings currently.

So, currently I'm waiting to see how quickly the problematic performance
problems get resolved and how the mirror's shortcomings get resolved.

I'd also like to hear from people working on other platforms (Macs OS
X, Windows) to make sure that the Bzr mirror can be used there as well.

        Stefan