Re: new frame-parameter "alpha"

From: Brian Cully
Subject: Re: new frame-parameter "alpha"
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:11:23 -0400

On 15-Mar-2008, at 17:19, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Looks good.  Tho maybe I'd put the call to x_set_frame_alpha directly
inside x_update_cursor (and rename it to x_update_cursor_and_opacity).

I don't mind the use of "alpha" rather than "opacity", as long as the
docstrings are clear.  The patch needs to also update the manual.
And could you describe the copyright status?

Is this for background-color alpha or the god-forsaken total-window alpha? At least on Mac OS X, you can set the background alpha by itself which I find far more pleasing than when the entire frame goes semi-opaque.

-bjc