Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:26:08 +0100

() Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
() Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:05:01 +0100

   That is a very bad move.  That will mean that nobody
   will be able to effectively work on emacs any more.

It's a bad move, but not because nobody will be able to
effectively work on emacs any more (an exaggeration), but
rather because to effectively work on emacs, people will
have to spend time setting up, testing, and debugging
various coping mechanisms.  Big time/effort sink.

On the other hand, if we see something like:

| ttn <-> git <------------> git <-> jrhacker   : high freq
|        emacs              emacs               : changes
|          v                  v
|         bzr <------------> bzr                : low freq
|        emacs              emacs               : changes

evolve, then maybe that's not so bad.

thi