Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:10:05 +0530

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Jonathan Corbet <address@hidden> wrote:
> dhruva <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  > How do I get rid of cache if I have to restart the tests? I plan to
>  > analyze the '--lsprof' output to see if there is different code path
>  > and the so called hot/cold cache making any difference.
>
>  Assuming you're running on a Linux kernel:

I am on M$ (XP). So, the cache that has been referred so far is the
operating system virtual memory manager caching and not something
specific to bzr. If this is the case, then the same caching concepts
will work for any application using VM. Is bzr coded differently to
make use of such a feature in a different way? I am interested in
exploring this to find out if it can help performance or just a myth.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!