Re: Release schedule for 22.2

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Release schedule for 22.2
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:33:23 +0100

On Wed, Mar 19 2008, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Reiner Steib wrote:
>
>> | 2008-03-10  Glenn Morris  <address@hidden>
>> |    Merge from the Emacs trunk to enable it to work with XEmacs.
>
> So you want to merge the change I made in the trunk on 2007-11-04

I.e. it has been tested in practice for 4 months.

> into the release branch a week before the release, for the sake of
> XEmacs.

My primary goal is to have the same Gnus code base in Gnus 5.10.10 and
Emacs 22.2.  Every excluded change makes maintenance a little bit
harder.

> I don't care; If I'd known at the time the release was 4 months
> away, I might have done so then.

I consider _this_ change reasonably safe as it (as you know) simply
converts the rx regexp to a plain concatted regexp in the defcustom.
Last time we discussed this change, I checked that both regexp give
the same result (modulo some shy groups).  Additionally, it has been
tested in the trunk since 2007-11-04.

Oh, I see that a couple of hours after this mail, you committed this
change to EMACS_22_BASE.  So I guess we don't need to discuss this
further.

>> | 2008-03-08  Riccardo Murri  <address@hidden>
[...]
>> |    matched.  [Sync from EMACS_22_BASE.]
>
> This bugfix has been in the branch since 2007-11-04, as the [] comment
> implies.

Yes, sorry.  (I only compared the top of the ChangeLogs quickly.)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)