Re: Release schedule for 22.2

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Release schedule for 22.2
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:33:49 -0400

> I received theses 2 patches for verilog-mode.el. Should they go in 22.2 ?

> 2008-03-17  Wilson Snyder  <address@hidden>

>       * progmodes/verilog-mode.el (verilog-easy-menu-filter):
>       Add menu tool tip :helps and filter appropriately.

>       * verilog-mode.el (verilog-customize) (verilog-font-customize)
>       (electric-verilog-backward-sexp) (electric-verilog-forward-sexp)
>       (verilog-mode):  Update documentation strings to match tool tips.

For this patch, I suggest you make a special version for 22.2 which
only adds the :help entries and updates the dosctrings.  The filter
function is only needed for XEmacs anyway, so it's OK to skip it there
(but please install the full patch on the trunk, of course).

> 2008-03-17  Wilson Snyder  <address@hidden>

>       * progmodes/verilog-mode.el (verilog-auto-search-do)
>       (verilog-auto-re-search-do) (verilog-skip-forward-comment-or-string):
>       Fix verilog-auto expansion when a .* appears inside a string.

>       * progmodes/verilog-mode.el (verilog-re-search-forward)
>       (verilog-re-search-backward): Add comment to recall how this works.

Please ask him how much this was tested before installing it,
And please rewrite verilog-auto-search-do so it calls
verilog-auto-re-search-do, to remove this silly duplication.

        Stefan