iswitchb

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: iswitchb
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:44:49 -0400

After trying iswitchb for several days, I concluded it was not very
helpful, and was occasionally a pain in the neck.

It is not very helpful for me because I know what buffer I want to go
to and I start typing the beginning of it without looking at anything.
The only way iswitchb could help me is if I were to look at its
display to try to find a shorter string that would work.  But that
would slow me down.

iswitchb was a pain in the neck when I wanted to go to buffer inout
and it kept taking me to 4inout and 5inout instead.  I did not at first
even see what was happening.  When I did see, I still didn't know
a way to prevent it.  I suppose there is some iswitchb feature I
could use, but rather than learn it, I turned off iswitchb.

I don't think this feature should be enabled by default.