RE: mode-line tooltips for "[" and "]" in recursive-edit

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: mode-line tooltips for "[" and "]" in recursive-edit
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:46:51 -0700

> It would be nice if [ and ] that appear in the mode-line in
> recursive-edit had a tooltip explaining what they are.  Such tooltips
> will be helpful for beginners.
>
> Can someone please add the tooltips?

Why do you suggest a change and then, in the same breath, ask someone to go
ahead and install it? Isn't that jumping the gun a bit?

I, for one, think this enhancement would be silly. Tooltips for the
mode-line abound already. Users can read the doc for [].

But my main remark is about your confounding a suggestion with its immediate
implementation.