Re: 23.0.50; pcmpl-ssh-hosts breaks when known_hosts file has a space in

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; pcmpl-ssh-hosts breaks when known_hosts file has a space in the wrong place
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:51:34 -0400

Phil Hagelberg wrote:

> The function pcmpl-ssh-hosts (which is invoked when you launch
> eshell and type "ssh host<tab>") fails when the last entry in your
> pcmpl-ssh-known-hosts-file has a space after the hostname instead of
> a comma.

I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean they changed the format
from this:

host1,host1a,host1b,... bits exponent modulus comment

to this

host1 host1a host1b ... bits exponent modulus comment

?

> I have a patch to fix this at http://hagelb.org/pcmpl-ssh-space.patch.

Err, great. Why not just paste the tiny, tiny patch into your mail?

diff -r1.12 pcmpl-unix.el
147c147
<           (while (and (looking-back ",")
---
>           (while (and (looking-back "[ ,]")

Isn't this going to pick up all the other, non-hostname, fields as well?

If the format has indeed changed in the above way, I guess it will be
necessary to count columns, or try more restrictive patterns for the
hostnames. The joy of progress...