RE: Please add S-tab to button-buffer-map

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Please add S-tab to button-buffer-map
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:43:09 -0700

> > > I don't see any discussion in the archives. Perhaps it would
> > > be better to remap S-tab to backtab globally rather than to
> > > tab as it is now.
> >
> > Please, no.
> >
> > I have no concrete reason to object.
> > That just seems, well, like an unnatural act. ;-)
>
> S-TAB acts as backtab in almost every GUI program on Windows.

And C-a selects everything. And TAB doesn't do indentation or completion.
And C-M-delete reboots. And...  So what?

I have no objection to S-TAB going to the previous field whenever TAB goes
to the next field. Other than such a context, it seems unnatural.

Next-field navigation is not the default behavior of TAB in most contexts.
Why should previous-field navigation be the default behavior of S-TAB in all
contexts (globally)?