RE: Please add S-tab to button-buffer-map

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Please add S-tab to button-buffer-map
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:49:10 -0700

> > What I said seemed unnatural was this:
>
> For something you have no concrete objection to, you are
> spending a lot of effort arguing about it.

You're right. I really don't have a concrete complaint against the change.
But the burden for a change should be on the person proposing it - why
change?

> This mapping goes back 11 years to before
> 20.1. The recent breakage on Windows was a bug.

I didn't realize that. I thought this was a new change proposal. "Perhaps it
would be better to remap..." sounded like a new change, to me.

If this is only a bug (and a regression, at that, and against a long
history), then why bring it up for discussion as a change? No one objects to
a regression fix.