Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:21:14 +0530

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  I was not talking about performance (we know about those problems
>  already).  I'm expecting problems such as "doesn't build", e.g. because
>  of EOL issues.

I face problems when I network connectivity is choppy. I get a crash
when I lose network connection in between a 'bzr pull'. Every time I
see the traceback, I fear corrupting my repository and having to do a
clone all over again. It unfortunately comes back to performance. Had
it been fast, I will have done another clone and compared the folders
or something like that.
 From a feature perspective, bzr is mature enough to be able to use in
big projects. Just the performance bottlenecks makes it difficult to
accept it.
 I hear that there are some patches for bzr to make it fast. I request
the bzr developers to create a bzr branch with performance
improvements that we can just pull and use.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!