Re: should frame names be unique?

From: Damon Permezel
Subject: Re: should frame names be unique?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:58:05 +1000

On 2008-Mar-22, at 11:12 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

What is the difference between those frames showing the same buffer
(is it just to display two different parts of a buffer, if so do the
various frames play different roles?  Are they on different screens?
Can you see their names in the title bar? ...)

I can't answer any of those questions.

So you're not faced with this problem in practice.  It's just
a hypothetical issue?

TIFF image

Here is an example I tend to run into. I have a large frame where I am doing most of my work. I have popped up two smaller frames to provide reference to different parts of the same file. I wish to use the buffers>frames> menu to select one of the three frames displaying portions of the file. One, I am editing in, the other two, I have for reference.

Not at all hypothetical, although I am more inclined to use a keyboard command, rather than the mouse, so somewhat contrived.