Re: Problem building emacs from cvs

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Problem building emacs from cvs
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:08:28 +0100

I spoke too soon.  You have a problem here:

/usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_get_unix_fd'

I don't know which library it is that requires libavahi-client, but you can check the first failure in config.log. It is one of the libraries linked in on the previous line. Do an ldd on each library and see if libavahi-client is in the output. Either way, some dependency on fedora 8 is broken.

        Jan D.

Jan Djärv skrev:

Diogo Sousa skrev:
Hi,

My system is a GNU/Linux (Fedora 8), i686-pc-linux-gnu.

Trying to build emacs from cvs configure tells me I miss some
libraries (libXpm libjpeg libpng libgif/libungif libtiff),
that I have (emacs 22.1.92 build fine).

Here is what configure outputs to stderr:

configure: error: The following required libraries were not found:
    libXpm libjpeg libpng libgif/libungif libtiff
Maybe some development libraries/packages are missing?
If you don't want to link with them give
--with-xpm=no --with-jpeg=no --with-png=no --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no
as options to configure

In attach i send config.log and the output sent to stdout in config.out.

Those libraries are now required. Try installing libxpm-devel, etc. Or do as the configure output says.

    Jan D.