(no subject)

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 02:00:16 +0100

Hi,

In the NEWS file (for 23.1), I can read this:

*** diff-add-change-log-entries-other-window iterates through the diff
buffer and tries to create ChangeLog entries for each change.
It is bound to `C-x 4 A'.

If, for some reason, I have many diffs in a file, I would like
this to wait for me typing a log entry (if any) before inserting
yet another entry.

Currently, if I am doing C-x 4 A with my emacs.el file, it ends
up with something like:

2008-03-23  Xavier Maillard  <address@hidden>

        * emacs.el:

        * emacs.el (Man-mode-hook):

        * emacs.el (lambda):

        * emacs.el (kbd):

        * emacs.el (kbd):

        * emacs.el (dired-mode-hook):

        * emacs.el (dired-mode-hook):

        * emacs.el (mm-body-charset-encoding-alist):

        * emacs.el:

        * emacs.el (emacs-lisp-mode-hook):

        * emacs.el (vc-diff-other-window):

        * emacs.el:

        * emacs.el:

So there are many "duplicate" and useless entries. A better
approach would have to split the window with on one side, the
diff entry and on the other side, the changelog buffer. This way
I could review better my change and add an accurate and
informative change message.

---------------------------------
| Diff buffer | Change log buffer|
----------------------------------
| a diff     => description      |

If changelog could not find an accurate function/variable name to
put into parenthesis, then fail back to the "default" emacs.el
entry.

WDYT ?

        Xavier
--