Re: Transient Mark Mode on by default

From: paul r
Subject: Re: Transient Mark Mode on by default
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:54:15 +0100

2008/3/24, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:

> Just add
>   (transient-mark-mode -1)
>  to your .emacs, just like I and many other people have had to add (...)

Thanks, Stefan. I hope Chong and you will keep observing this common
sens principle.
   Emacs is fully customizable, but only advanced users *really can*
customize. So please, always make defaults suit what beginners expect,
and leave gurus change them if they want.

1 - Tmm suits better what any beginner expect than default emacs marks.
2 - It can be turned off by advanced users
--> Good choice. Thanks

Paul