Overlays at the end of the buffer does not reach it

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Overlays at the end of the buffer does not reach it
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:40:33 +0100

If you put an overlay at the end of the buffer and then put point at the end of the buffer then point is outside the overlay.

That prevents the use of overlay keymaps at the end of the buffer. I therefor suggest that in this case the point should be regarded to be within the overlay.

Or, alternatively that move-overlay used with something like

  (widen)
  (move-overlay ovl beg (1+ (point-max)))

should make the overlay behave the way I suggest.

However when inserting text at the end of the buffer I guess that text still should be regarded as placed after the overlay. Otherwise it would be very inconvenient to add text after the overlay.