Re: gathering data on how people use Emacs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: gathering data on how people use Emacs
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 02:17:19 +0100

I'd rather poll users with simple questions like:

- Should `transient-mark-mode' be ON by default?
- Should `show-paren-mode' be ON by default?

Of course, `transient-mark-mode' might not sound familiar to newbies.
Then we need to find a better way to describe what it actually does.

FWIW we can re-use a simple safe form like this one:

  http://www.legito.net/report_bug.php

The output of this form is sent by email and the content of the email
looks like:

,----
| * [#A] Bug report :BUG:
|   <2008-24-24 Mon 17:00>
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :ID: fu3ouer3dt4igvt7fa2u4c6qv1
|   :Package: org.el
|   :Emacs: Emacs 22
|   :END:
`----

So that you can easily gather the result of the poll in an Emacs
org-mode file.

--
Bastien