Re: Word search

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Word search
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:24:33 +0000

Vincent Belaïche wrote:
FYI, unfortunately I was never able to have word search work properly.
For instance, when I try word search in the *info* node "Word search"
and I type "C-s C-w" then I type "the words" (all of these things
without double quotes) and then I type " ", I would expect to find
the first occurrence at the end of first line of info node text which is :

---- excerpt from info node Word Search --------------
Word search searches for a sequence of words without regard to how the
words are separated. More precisely, you type a string of many words,

Instead of that, I get the following error message :
"[(wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p t)]" which is displayed in
the Minibuffer and has no trace in the *Message* buffer. Is that normal

I get this error with emacs -Q, but not when I execute the following three lines:

(require 'cedet)
(semantic-load-enable-minimum-features)
(global-semantic-idle-summary-mode 1)

So something in the mess of macros and hooks that implements global-semantic-idle-summary-mode seems to be fixing the problem.