Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor

From: Rajappa Iyer
Subject: Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:19:20 -0700

> In Eclipse, a list of tabs is associated with a specific window
> and each tab selects a buffer in that window.
>
> That seems to be the natural feature for tabs.
> Would someone like to implement window tabs as a UI feature?

I might be missing something, but isn't tabbar.el sufficient?

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/TabBarMode

>From tabbar.el:

;; Buffer tabs
;; -----------
;;
;; The default tab bar implementation provided displays buffers in
;; dedicated tabs.  Selecting a tab, switch (mouse-1), or pop
;; (mouse-2), to the buffer it contains.
;;
;; The list of buffers put in tabs is provided by the function
;; specified in the variable `tabbar-buffer-list-function'.  The
;; default function: `tabbar-buffer-list', excludes buffers whose name
;; starts with a space, when they are not visiting a file.
;;
;; Buffers are organized in groups, each one represented by a tab set.
;; A buffer can have no group, or belong to more than one group.  The
;; function specified by the variable `tabbar-buffer-groups-function'
;; is called for each buffer to obtain the groups it belongs to.  The
;; default function provided: `tabbar-buffer-groups' organizes buffers
;; depending on their major mode (see that function for details).
;;
;; The "home" button toggles display of buffer groups on the tab bar,
;; allowing to easily show another buffer group by clicking on the
;; associated tab.

rsi