Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:38:47 +0100

Michael Kifer wrote:
I suggest you set `window-min-height'
buffer-locally to 2 in the ediff control panel and look what happens
when the frame gets resized.  If the window still goes away we have a
bug.
Thanks, that cures the problem.

Michael, could you please add that?

OK. However, I do think that deleting windows just like that is too
aggressive and counter-intuitive.

Thanks. Yes, it really looks like that.

(And please make the control panel window dedicated during ediff. It really is not useful for something else then ;-) )

No, dedicated windows in frames that have other windows are too troublesome.
They often surprise the user.

What is the problem? I do not understand. That little window just exists when ediff is active on that frame, right?

That little ediff window does not need to be dedicated, since nothing else
gets into it unless you try hard :-)

If you use Emacs client then new files are opened in the ediff control window.