Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows

From: Michael Kifer
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:53:50 -0400

> > No, dedicated windows in frames that have other windows are too troublesome.
> > They often surprise the user.
>
> What is the problem? I do not understand. That little window just exists
> when ediff is active on that frame, right?

The problem is that there are too many situations when ediff has to
remember to undedicate or delete that window if the user decides to
postpone the work and do something else.

> > That little ediff window does not need to be dedicated, since nothing else
> > gets into it unless you try hard :-)
>
> If you use Emacs client then new files are opened in the ediff control
> window.

Then use multiframe setup :-)

Just dedicating that small window does not work. Too much stuff needs to be
taken care of. I'll take another look though.