Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:30:46 +0100

> But if Emacs can always resist the temptation to delete a window of size 2,
> surely it can resist the temptation to delete one of size 3 (or more)?

If Emacs can confuse me surely you can confuse me more.

When I set `window-min-height' to 3 Emacs is allowed to auto-delete
windows that are 1 or 2 lines tall.  When I set this to 2 Emacs may
auto-delete one-line windows only.  Hence, if I want to safely prevent
auto-deletion I set this to the lowest value that doesn't "lead to
bizarre displays" namely 2.  Then Emacs will resist any temptations to
delete my larger-than-one-line windows and I might live happily.  What
am I missing?