Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 00:20:20 +0100

I used it just like I use C++ of which c is subset. Hence using C should
be zero problem.

Actually, as I wrote it, I did SMALL projects with it. There was not
much to worry about and I do not no the emacs c-code. I just use
emacs. But I think the applications shown there say everything about the
usability.

I had no problems using C++ standard template lib in wx (where qt needs
some small tricks).

The events are handled using ACL's. These are defined using special
macros. That looks a little bit like MFC.

The only thing I had to handle differently for each platform was the use
of ressources used by the programms like icons and so on. But it's now
some years ago that I used wx. I was new to C++ by that time and that
makes it even better, since I had no problem to get things done.

The apps look and feel like any other app on the target plattform and
are just as fast and responsive.

Big plus if the great documentation.

http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/
http://wxwidgets.org/docs/hierarchy_stable_image.htm - Framework Diagramm