Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 01:18:55 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
Do you have any other generalization to suggest?

Yes, I was thinking more of the graphical (or maybe hierarchical) aspect. To me tabs are something that can be placed just under frames or subframes.

Another note about tabs: When considering such features is not that also a good time to consider something like wxwidgets?

Maybe yes.  The screens of today's computers are much bigger, so space
for the text is no longer at a great premium.  So there is no pressing
reason not to use toolkit widgets around each window to make it look
nicer.  We definitely want to get away from the current limit that window
sizes must be multiples of a "line height".

Whether wxwindows is the right way to do this, I have no opinion, since
I don't know much about it.  Can wxwindows work with Gtk?

See Stephen's reply here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-01/msg01170.html