scroll-lock-forward-paragraph doesn't set mark

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: scroll-lock-forward-paragraph doesn't set mark
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:57:35 +0100 (CET)

[GNU Emacs 23.0.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.6) of
 2008-01-31]

While editing a large list of words using scroll-lock-mode, I
accidentally pressed C-down (bound to scroll-lock-forward-paragraph)
which moved me down thousands of lines.  I immediately pressed C-u
C-SPC trying to return to the original position, however, without
success.

I wonder whether it makes sense to add a threshold, say, 100 lines,
which indicates whether paragraph-like movements shall set the mark.

The same can happen with forward-paragraph, BTW.

    Werner