Re: Accented characters, Emacs and Cygwin

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Accented characters, Emacs and Cygwin
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:01:28 +0100

The problem I described in [1], seems to be solved in recent CVS update.

I think this change

2008-03-27  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>

        * charset.c (Fdefine_charset_internal): Change the way of
        registering charsets in Vcharset_order_list.
        (syms_of_charset): Make the charset `eight-bit' supplementary.

makes the difference.

Perhaps, what I described is also related to the discussion [2].

Many thanks to the people that contributed to the solution.

Cheers,
   Angelo.

---
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-03/msg01861.html