Re: 23.0.60; Displaying PPM

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Displaying PPM
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:09:51 +0000

version: 22.3

Markus Triska wrote:
Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

"PNM: Invalid maximum value"

The PPM file was created with "convert" from this PostScript file:

   http://www.logic.at/prolog/demo.ps

and it seems to satisfy the constraints from:

   http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/ppm.html

I've fixed this problem in the EMACS_22_BASE branch so it will be in the next version (whether that is 22.3 or 23.1 is undecided). I also passed the bug report on to the GIMP team, where they have changed the wording of their error message from "Invalid" to "Unsupported" pending a proper fix.