Re: Shift selection using interactive spec

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Shift selection using interactive spec
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:42:04 -0400

    It'd be a disaster to have to restate the whole command or even just the
    interactive spec to make commands CUA-mode aware.  Right now, if I am
    using an external package that is not fully CUA-mode aware (like
    CC-mode), all I need to do is:

That is a valid point -- it is useful to be able to patch an external
library command by adding a property.

However, for writing commands in Emacs, I think the cleanest way
is to use the interactive spec.

So I think we should support both ways, but prefer the interactive
spec.