Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:50:00 -0400

> I *think* it's actually one or more trees. The first tree is the
> left hand parent. Any other tress are the state in the other
> parents, i.e. merged revisions.

I don't think so.  The "second tree" seems to correspond to the
leftmost parent.  The first tree seems to correspond to something else.
It's usually the same as the second, but when I did a merge, the first
tree seems to describe something like the state of tree at the end of
the merge command, and it dosn't have sha1 for the files with conflicts
(and maybe for others as well).

When merging, there are more than 2 trees (typically just 3: the
"current", the "second" (i.e. leftmost parent), and some other which
I guess corresponds to the other parent).

        Stefan