Re: 23.0.60; Occasional hangs in flyspell-mode and ispell-word

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Occasional hangs in flyspell-mode and ispell-word
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:43:40 -0400

>> When did this problem started?

> I encountered such hangs with flyspell-mode definitely months ago
> already, with Emacs.app (which was at that point quite up-to-date, and
> already based on the Unicode branch plus multi-tty).  I'm not certain
> whether the then current trunk had the same problem, but I vaguely
> remember similar problems with even earlier versions.

What's the latest trunk version you can remember using which didn't
suffer from this problem?

> I get these hangs about twice or thrice a day when working on a large
> LaTeX document with flyspell-mode activated.  I hope you can reproduce
> the problem if you enable flyspell-mode for modes that you often use.

I use flyspell pretty much everywhere (including programming modes via
flyspell-prog-mode).  Haven't seen such problem.

I'd expect it to be linked to problems with the ispell (or aspell)
process, so it may depend on which version of that program you're using.

        Stefan