Re: Feature Request : autoload-form

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Feature Request : autoload-form
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:40:50 -0400

>> > (autoload foo "bar.el")
>> > (autoload-form foo (load-file "bar.el"))
>> You could just change autoload to do that.  It's a pretty simple change
>> in the C code.
> I'm totally unskilled when it comes to the C code.  I admit it is not
> so-hard, but it will probably take me several hours to get it right.
> Having a clean solution to my problem is not worth several hours. So
> I'm willing to spend this time if you think it can bring something
> useful to emacs. What do you think ?

If it's done well, we could install it in the trunk (you'd probably
have to sign copyright paperwork for that, of course).

In any case, grep for `do_autoload' in the src/*.c files to see where
the autoloading is done.  That's probably the main part of the code
you'll need to change.  But change should be fairly small.

        Stefan