Re: proced.el -- operate on processes like dired

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: proced.el -- operate on processes like dired
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:17:23 +0100

On Wed Mar 26 2008 Mathias Dahl wrote:
> The same commands as in Dired can be used. `% m' to mark lines
> where COMMAND matches a certain regexp, for example, `t' to toggle
> marks, `k' to kill (remove visibly) lines.

I am sorry for my ignorance...In what context is killing a useful
operation in a dired buffer? I revert my dired buffers pretty often
and this recovers any killed lines.

If there is a command proced-do-kill-lines analogous to
dired-do-kill-lines, it might be confusing that "killing" is usually
a very different and permanent operation in the context of unix
processes. (Right now k is bound to proced-send-signal. Certainly I
could change that. But what is the most intuitive / the least
counterintuitive key binding?)

Thanks,

Roland