Re: Dired patch for `i' - bounce between subdir line and its inserted li

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Dired patch for `i' - bounce between subdir line and its inserted listing
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 02:13:18 +0100

>  This provides a handy go-back behavior, letting you bounce
>  back and forth between a subdirectory line and its inserted
>  listing.  `i' on a non-directory file within a subdir
>  listing acts the same as it does on the subdir's header
>  line, so you need not be on the header line to bounce back:
>  anywhere within the subdir listing will do.

I would like this. Sometimes I manually call `i' on specific dirs and
get tired of needing to do C-u C-SPC to get back. Double tapping `i'
would be much more convenient. Maybe, maybe maybe maybe, should it
also step one line down from the original dir line when jumping back,
but that depends on how you use it I guess, it would fit my way of
working with dirs in Dired. It has the disadvantage however that you
cannot go back to the inserted dir again by tapping `i' for a third
time.